Ten years ago this summer I quit my job to go back to school. There was a YWCA pool behind the office at that job, and for a time, my office window overlooked it. Every day for three years (except in winter) I had to watch kids splashing, playing, having fun while I sat in a cube and coded. On my last day at the job, I packed a bathing suit. I was going to go swim in that #$%@#$% pool after work when I was free. Finally. But I didn’t, because the pool was unexpectedly closed that day and for some lengthy period after. I actually don’t think it ever reopened, and it’s long-gone now. The place is pretty much overgrown with weeds from what Google maps shows me. There’s a lesson there. I’m not entirely sure what it is.
Find Your Way
- #NowPlaying "Ronnie, Talk To Russia" by Prince ♫ spoti.fi/KBBeBk 1 year ago
- Anyway, onward. Popping in to check up on the account and say hi. 1 year ago
- The work account is all but abandoned, which makes me sad, but my work has changed, and so has everyone else’s. Not much to say of interest 1 year ago
- I’m pretty much only ever posting at the writing account now, and rarely ever about writing. Go figure. Tho I am writing more than ever 1 year ago
- Trying to maintain personal, pen name/writing, and work Twitter accounts is harder than it was in the days of Yellow TweetDeck 1 year ago